10.03.2007

pretty plates and 8 random things.



The ever-so inspiring Heather of Creature Comforts and Wren Eleven just added these completely adorable vintage decorative mini-plates to her shop, Wren and Chickadee. I love 'em!

Speaking of Heather, I found this "8 Random Things" entry on her website, so I thought I would go for it, since I never really write many personal things about myself on here, which I hope to change over time.

No. 1
I have been: a lifeguard, a babysitter, a health food store manager, a secretary, a massage therapist, a shipping manager for a cd company, a cashier at a bookstore, and an office assistant. I am now a mum/baker/blogger/illustrator.

No. 2
I like to pretend that I love the outdoors, but I would much rather be in a nice hotel in a city than in a tent in the woods. I have discovered that I am not the outdoor type.

No. 3
I am always having an internal struggle between being a total cynic and an idealistic romantic. I can never find a balance between the two.

No. 4
I suffer from: migraines, fibromyalgia, depression, anxiety, insomnia, chronic sinusitis, and a mitral valve prolapse. I try not to complain often.

No. 5
My favorites include:
Movies: Amelie, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Breakfast at Tiffanies, and Wet Hot American Summer
TV Shows: Sex and the City, Freaks & Geeks, Project Runway and Grey's Anatomy.
Musicians: Of Montreal, Belle & Sebastian, The Smiths, The Finches, Camera Obscura, Mates of State, and Rainer Maria.
Other Things: the color pink, fanciful desserts, Harry Potter, beautiful design (obviously), French pastries, outdoor food markets, people who have amazing personal style, earl grey tea, dark chocolate, and vintage clothing.

No. 6
I have horrible and disgusting habits. They range from peeling split ends and fingernails to reading celebrity gossip late at night.

No. 7
Ever since I was a teen, I have claimed (very strongly) that I never wanted to have children. Ever. Then I fell in love and suddenly changed my mind. I have two children by the names of Riley and London. I absolutely adore them.

No.8
I despise melted cheese, close-minded individuals, traffic, radishes, Hummers, suburbia, 80's fashion, cliques, eggs, crowded buses, the smell of seafood, and a large portion of southern California.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh... how sweet of you to blog about my shops and newly added little vintage plates! Thank you so much, I really appreciate it!

    Your 8 Random Things were great. Thanks for sharing so much about yourself. I found myself nodding my head throughout most of it!

    Anyhow... thanks again so much!
    xo
    Heather a.k.a. Ez

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those names, Riley and London.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...